From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2010 08:07:00 -0400
I realize this was meant as a joke, but it is based on a hurtful,
racist, and untrue stereotype.

So many people are out of work right now, with nearly two years of
unemployment benefits running out; welfare (which nowadays is usually
tied to a job training timetable) is running out or insufficicient to
begin with. Even those on disability are finding their support cut.
More and more people are becoming homeless.

It was a poor joke, and since a number of people on this list draw
public funds of one sort or another, I'm surprised Bill let it pass.

-Claire Curtis