From:
"J. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 14:32:35 EST
Well, it's been one of those days where the ferts are being complete BRATS!
I let them out to play, and they decided to destroy everything.  They
haven't been the least bit interested in the tree until this point (except
dunking their heads into the water in the stand), but today thought it
would be best to tip it over.  Argh!  I got a camera as a gift, and well, I
can't find it now since the fuzzbutts chose to add it to the inventory of
one of their secrets stashes.  Oh!  And if anyone has a Color Gameboy,
beware!  The ferts LOVE to chew on it!

But, my main problem is one I have alwayshoped wouldn't happen (thought we
got past this).  *Drum Roll* They don't like their litter pans anymore.
Up until this point, I felt pretty confident saying that they never missed
the pans.  Ok, they would if I "forgot" to clean it out.  Then I would be
greeted with presents next to the pan.  But unless I grew lazy, we had a
100% hit rate.  I haven't changed anything, that I can think of that would
make them start doing this.  I did re-arrange the cage a bit (it's that
huge Midwest cage, and I added a new level to it), but kept the bottom
floor (where the pan is) the same.  Blankets weren't washed (that's this
weekend), food wasn't changed, new fert wasn't added (I'm really digging
deep here for reasons)....the only thing I can think of is that I switched
from Yesterdays News to the Shepard and Greene litter.  I've used this
before, and they WERE going in the pan with it in there for a few days
before they started going in other places.  They even started going on the
second level, so I added a new pan there today.  They do go in the pan in
the room they run in (when I let them out), and that has the same S&G
litter in it.  What am I doing wrong?  Or are they just being difficult?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (please privately email me
with them).

I hope everyone who celebrated Christmas was visited by Santa!  The fuzzies
(as do I) want to send out special holiday wishes to all of the homeless,
unwanted, and uncared for fuzzies--all 7 of us hope that these fuzzies will
find happiness, warmth, love, and a full tummy in the new year.

Take care!
Jaymi + Leroy, Petra, Kirby, Samson, Calvin, & Heidegger!