From:
Maryi Mauney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:51:26 -0500
I was just curious as to how common this is.

I went to the Bexar county animal shelter Sunday.  I asked if they had
any ferrets and her comment was "You mean rodents?"  I, of course, defended
our weasel friends.  She informed me that she owned a ferret and they were
rodents!!!!  Excuse me, but working at an animal shelter, I figured thay
would know a little more about them.

This has bothered me terribly.  Not only the complications this could
cause, What about her fuzzy at home?  If she is treating it like a rodent,
I can just imagine how he/she is living.  I am sure with her working at a
shelter, she cares about her fuzzy and may just be misinformed.

I plan to go back to the shelter and talk to them about ferrets and the
care they need.  I will let you know how that goes.  Does this happen alot?

Just some more of my rambling.....Thanks for listening.  If any of you have
suggestions on how to get through to them , please let me know.  I am still
new to all this fuzzy stuff and don't want to misinform them anymore than
they already are.  I am going to call our local ferret shelter and let them
know and ask for their help.

Bye, Bye.
Maryi, Streaker, Nozy, & "awaiting" Evan