From:
Cheryl Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:00:13 -0400
I saw a picture of a person holding what appeared to be a DEW ferret in a
Ferret Mag..  I called the breeder, and low and behold it was a picture of a
Mink.  She told me that they aren't great pets especially around Kids, but
can become close with one person.  I couldn't tell the difference between
this Mink and a picture of a DEW ferret with a few black markings on it.

This is my question.....are the more exotic colored ferrets really mutations
or have they been bred with Mink to produce these colors.  And if you say
nay, why haven't these colors mutated earlier in this Century?  I know
selective breeding (mutation gene) plays a large part....but why not
introduce the mink with all its varying colors into the gene pool of the
Ferret.  Of course the temperment would change some....I'm interested!

Thanks

Cheryl