From:
MR FREDERICK E RAHNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 01:01:23 EDT
I, too, would like to voice my disapproval of the recent postings from the
"anonymous poster" ([log in to unmask]).  I don't think it is inappropriate
that this person be allowed to publicly berate the efforts of caring
individuals, i.e., the BFF crisis.  As far as I'm concerned this person is
a nuisance to the FML and should be barred from any further participation
in the list.  If BIG does not deem this an appropriate course of action,
then I formally request a policy be adopted prohibiting "anonymous"
posters and their posting on the FML.  Again, this particular individual
is displaying non-productive behavior and should have his/her access
terminated, at your (BIG) discretion.

[Moderator's note: Personal attacks attacks are not welcome on the FML and
the "attackers" will be dealt with as stated in the FML FAQ.  On the other
hand, strongly worded, controversial, yet reasoned opinions are certainly
acceptable.  Yes, the anonymous poster's note perhaps bordered on a personal
attack, though just barely in my opinion, and I don't feel that removal fr om
the FML would be justified here.

As far as the policy of allowing anonymous posts goes, I feel it is necessary
as long as there are subscribers posting from Ferret Free Zones.  Posting
anonymously will not be used to shield the identity of those violating the
guidlines of the FML since those doing so won't have their stuff posted in
the first place.  Furthermore, remember that the poster is anonymous to YOU,
not to me - I don't accept subscriptions without a name behind them.  BIG]