From:
"Christine Herman-- Ms. Ferret Lover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 06:07:09 EDT
In a message dated 6/30/01 8:56:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
>Christine:
>
>That phone story is absolutely hilarious!!!!
>
> Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem

thank you- it is a true one - today i am going to post another weeds
story that is true as well- swear it is- weeds is what you could call a
" behavior probelm' becasue of his deafness and near blindness..  but he
is sheer personality..  i do a lot of rescue work and he was originally
here as a rescue--after 3 adoptive homes sent him back to me i decided he
was here for the duration-- i am down 4 smashed lamps, lots of glassware
several pairs of chewed shoes, he cant seem to get the hang of litter
training--- but i love the critter !!- christine and the wild and wooly
weeds-- arthur,pooky,brody ( the mountainlion),sophie, and newly arrive
rescue yesterday-fenster.

So Weeds ( the baby ferret) escapade with the refrigerator cost me $120
with the rip off emergency appliance repair company..the repair guy leaves
and i hear a strange sound in the bedroom..  it is weeds..  happily chewing
the hand attachment thingy to the vacuum cleaner... it is full of fang
holes-- now how can i suck up gristle and grub from the corners with a hand
attachment thingy full of fang holes..i ask you?- so weeds sees me approach
with my eyes glowing red and beats it--- i begin to chase the little
anti-christ and try to discipline him ( a foolish thing true!!) and he
begins to dance and hop and run in circles around my feet..  he thinks he
done good by eating the vaccuum hose and now wants to celebrate by playing
a game with me..he bounds across the etigerre and knocks over a $60 antique
coffee cup-- splat and crash !!!--i chase him schreeching "i;ll snap your
neck-i'll snap your neck-i'll snap your neck"" -- and i finally catch him
put his face to mine and scream "bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad---he
begins to give me weasel kisses and after 2 minutes i say--ok alright--ok
weeds -- good weeds -- nice boy--sweet weeds-- good baby-- and we head for
the bedroom for a nap-- the doorbell rings and when i answer it it is 2
police officers here on a complaint of domestic violence..  the lady
downstairs called the cops becasue she thought i was screaming" ill; snap
your neck,bad,bad,bad' to my kid !!!--so i show officer Lugnuts weeds and
explain-- unsatisfyed he wants to check the house for minors-- but finds 6
other ferrets asleep in my underwear drawer instead..  he turns to leave
and says-ok lady there betta not be anymore disturbance-- i say fine
officer Lugnuts-- then weeds clamps on to officer lugnuts leather boots..
Weeds is a leather freak