From:
Sam Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 00:12:42 -0500
There was a story on Dateline NBC about 3 teen agers that killed 23 cats by
clubbing them to death.  I figured, since they did a story like that, they
might do one about the Spokane Ferrets if they get enough people emailing
them about it.  Here's what I wrote:

After watching the Dateline of 12/23/97 which featured a story about
teenagers clubbing to death and injuring 23 cats, I thought or should I say
hoped that you might be interested in doing something with the story of a 20
y/o boy, taken in by a friend, who killed 93 ferrets by injecting them with
Drano and/or bleach.  The ferret community is outraged by this and hopes to
gain publicity to secure a just punishment for the man accused of killing
the ferrets.  For the full story, please check out the following web sites:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/spokane.html
http://www.virtuallynw.com/stories/1997/Nov/27/S311318.asp
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/lance.html

If you are interested in doing something with this story (which I hope you
are) please feel free to contact me for any information you might need,
including reactions from 3000 ferret owners on the Ferret Mailing List.  I
could also put you in contact with the people involved in this story.  Thank
you for your consideration.

The addy for them is [log in to unmask]
Please everyone, lets flood them with emails and get our story known!