From:
aylasaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 21:36:40 -0500
My SO and I are acquiring our fourth fuzzbutt this weekend, and since we
keep the fuzzy gang in their cage while we're out (the thought of having one
of the three "accidentally" falling in the toilet or getting stuck in some
unseen hole gives us both the screaming weebeegeebees), we're looking for a
bigger cage that won't cramp all four of the little critters.  I've looked
in our local pet store, and they have a pretty good sized 3-story cage,
going for about $200.  It seemed a mite rather steep to me, so we're asking
your advice on where to get a big roomy cage at a reasonable price.  (Mail
order or otherwise).

Another thing --- we've been apartment hunting for a few weeks now, and boy,
is it interesting!  Most landlords haven't even heard of ferrets, with the
majority asking, "Isn't that some sort of large bird?" and assuming that a)
they stink b) they shed all over the place and c) they'll rip up/chew the
carpets and furniture.  We finally found a nice place not that far off from
campus, and the nice landlady, who owns two or three cats, also happens to
like ferrets.  Quite a plus, neh?  Captain Billy (her big black-and-white
tomcat) sat on the table as we signed the lease, and periodically kept
stealing it with a quick sweep of his massive paw so that he could chew on
the edges.  Reminded us a lot of our little fuzzy thieves!

                  Anna and Martin G.-R.
Molly, Mithril, Obelix, and (this Saturday) the Cookie Monster.
(I must admit I'm partial to both FLO and FDI, since cats have been a
passion since early youth, and ferrets equally when I met them.)