From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:28:39 -0700
To Kevin Wimberley:

>We had him fixed one week ago and he was doing fine until we noticed his
>feces was "seedy".  I remembered a FML talking about this recently but
>since I'm new at this internet stuff, I erased it by accident.  Could
>anyone give me a quick overview of what was said please?

Seedy stools simply means that the food that he is eating is not being
completely digested.  While seedy stools is most often thought of as a sign
of ECE, in which the damaged intestine cannt absorb all of the nutrients in
the food, you can get a similar grainy stool in animals with pancreatic
disease, resolving diarrhea, or simply one whose diet has been recently
changed (as I would expect with this new acquisition.)

Seedy stools do not immediatly require treatment, and may resolve on their
own once an animal becomes used to a new type of food....

Bruce Williams, DVM