Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 17:36:05 +1200
Judith wrote:
>Meanwhile Desert Moon Zima has been bred to DAF Nickelodeon NZ for a
>litter in late June or early July.  DAF Black Magic is coming in season
>and will also be bred to Nicky.  Now this will give us a lot of chocolate
>point babies that grow quite large.  They have beautiful coats and
>wonderful dispositions.  Hopefully some of you will find this worth
>waiting for.

Isn't it bad for the jills to breed too soon after the last litter?  I
thought that Zima had a litter earlier this year?

There has been a thread on the topic of breeding a jill more than once a
year in alt.pets.ferrets over the past few days, and the general consensus
seems to be that it isn't good for the jill or the kits.  Do you have
anything which shows otherwise?  Personally, I'd rather not breed more
than once a season (e.g. one litter per summer) but I'd be interested in
finding out more information on this topic for future reference.

Sam