From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:27:09 -0500
Dear FMLers,

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has written and called with
condolences and offers of help.  Your kind words and thoughts are greatly
appreciated, and I will respond to each of you personally.

Here is the update on the Little Rock Tragedy:

The person who had the little ones on the balcony was not the owner.
The owner is out of state at this time.  I am not at liberty to
disclose names, but rest assured that local authorities are aware of all
circumstances and names involving this case and are actively working to
see that those responsible will be held liable.  The prosecuting attorney
is already at work preparing charges of negligence and other offenses
against the "caretaker".  The civil suits alone will assure that this
individual's life is ruined.  As for the owner, the authorities have
told me that they are awaiting this person's return to Arkansas where
questions will be asked and answers will be given.  Rest assured, justice
will be done...

I have been on the FML since 1994.  I've witnessed such horrors as
Fredonia, the Kodo Tragedy, Morrison, and many others.  I remain amazed
to this day how the members of the FML pull together in times of strife.
Today, I ask that you once again raise the mighty arm of the FML to come
to the aid of someone who desperately needs your help.

As you recall, 8 fuzzies died in the fire, along with one kitty.
Coincidentally, the young lady who lost her feline fur baby is a friend
of my son's.  She is 21, without a job, has no insurance, and no
immediate family to help her.  She escaped the flames with only her
life and the clothes she was wearing.  All her worldly possessions, along
with her kitty, perished in the flames.  She has nothing.  My son and
daughter, along with friends and concerned citizens are collecting
clothing, utensils, bedding, and everything else needed to help restore
this young lady's life.  My garage has been converted into a storage
facility for donated items until we can find permanent housing for her.

I ask that those on the FML who would like to help in this tragedy,
please send only one dollar to aid this young lady.  If only 10% can
help, that would be almost $300 that is sorely needed.  I will personally
see that every cent is given to her, and she will know that loving ferret
people from the FML were willing to come to her aid.  I submit Troy Lynn
Eckart and Diane Taylor as references of my sincerity and integrity.

I make this request to show this young lady that the vast majority of
ferret people are not irresponsible idiots, but are instead, loving and
compassionate.  Quite understandably, at this moment she must have a very
low opinion of people who have ferrets.  (I have not spoken to her, but I
can only imagine what must be going through her mind.  She lost a kitty
that was as precious to her as our fuzzies are to us).  With a meager
donation, you can help restore her life and let her know that ferret
people are good people.

For those who can, please send a $1.00 donation to:

C.B. Goins
3016 Charter Oak Dr.
Little Rock, AR 72227

Please.  It will only take a few minutes, one dollar, an envelope, and a
postage stamp.  Remember, "From tiny acorns grow mighty oaks".  Just a
dollar...

With love to all and dooks to all the fuzzies,

C.B. and Loki