Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 13:10:43 -0700
Hi,

Just thought I'd pass along this pointless but rather funny lil tidbet that
happened to me over the holiday break.  I was at a "Wild Animal Park" in
Pine Hill, GA.  They have acres of lnad where large hoofed animals run free
and you can drive thru and feed them.  They also have a psuedo-zoo where
they have animals in large pens/cages that you can walk thru.  Well the
first "odd" thing I noticed was they had a bunny hutch with a sign on the
outside that said "Black Footed Ferret".  Well I *knew* that of all the
places in the world that the animal would be protected/raised this would not
be one of them.  Interestingly enuff the cage was vacant (wonder if they had
a domestic ferret in there at one time?).  The other funny thing was they
had a spider moneky in a cage.  They had taken the time to list scientific
names on the info cards BUT this card called the Spider Monkey a Mustela
nigripes.  I couldn't stop laughing saying it was the funniest Black Footed
Ferret I'd ever seen.  I tried to point out their error at the end of my
tour but they weren't going to listen to me without "proof".  Ah well
ignorance is bliss I suppose......

Just a note about my critters....both Willie and Rikkitikkitavi are doing
well.  I finally had to add more clpthes pins on the edges of the litter box
to keep them from overturning it.  It doesn't stop them from digging the
content out every now and then BUT it has made my life a lil easier.

Wille's behind is still raw.  I'm a bit concerned about it but don't know
what to do.  He was descented in December and had trouble eliminating after
the surery.  Well that part has gotten better....he doesn't strain anymore
to relieve himself BUT he still does drag his rear alot to clean himself off
(which is unnecessary now).  I think this is what keeps/causes him to be raw.

Anyway...just thought I'd drop a line...been too busy with field work to
keep up with my life lately it seems...

Fondly,

Kat (Who are you? Ooo that's right you're my husband...geez long time no see!)
Grounds Keeper Willy (Wow who are you? Ooo yeah you're my mom!)
Rikkitikkitavi (Drag, drag, drag, dig, dig Ooo hey there drag, drag, dig,
drag....)

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  http://www.thuntek.net/~artemis *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*