From:
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 11:52:34 -0500
I'd like to thank Tammi for posting the St. Louis Prosecuting Attorney's
office address. Our membership has started a writing campaign to that
office.

I'd like to urge you all to write also.  It makes a difference and I
know this from experience.

WAY back in 1998, our shelter took on a rescue of 30ish ferrets in
London, Ontario.  Their canine teeth were snipped out, they were eating
hay and goat pellets and kept in tiny wooden boxes, covered in snow
without water or with frozen water.

Charges to the man who owned the ferrets were never laid during that
time.  A year later, we took another ferret from the same owner, in much
the same condition as the 30ish previous ones and still no charges were
laid.

It was because of the FML and our membership that this was changed.  Many
ferret lovers wrote to the London Prosecuting Attorney's office and the
local Humane Society asking that charges be laid.  After receiving over
1,000 letters, faxes and calls, this owner was prosecuted to the fullest
extent of our Canadian animal cruelty laws (which isn't much).

Please write, fax or call St.  Louis and give this little dead ferret a
voice.  Animals never have a voice unless we give them one.

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"