From:
Candi Gerritson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:07:13 EST
Well, where do I start.  The weather here in Iowa has been unseasonably
warm, so I decided to take the ferret cages outside for a cleaning.
During one of my cleanings I had to go and pick up my children from
school.  Not thinking or placing too much trust in people I left the cage
and all in my yard while I went to pick up my children.  Upon returning
home just 20 minutes later my cage was gone, along with my bottle of
bleach.  WHY?  I can't believe it!  Who, why?  I am so very puzzled.  I
guess I should have learned my lessons when I had 2 handmade signs stolen
out of my front and back yard, or maybe when in the middle of the night
some kid came up by my front door and picked up my sons big wheel and
smashed it to pieces.  No reason just drunk.  Or you think I would have
learned when 2 bird feeders were stolen at two different times.  WHY?  It
is only through this FML that I see the wonderful people who care.  I live
everyday with heartache taking in ferrets who have had terrible care or
just left on my porch, ferrets dying that bite the hell out of my fingers
when I am just trying to help.  People stealing from my home, breaking my
children's hearts.  Then at my part time job, being called names I have no
idea what they mean.

BUT THEN
From you all.  The people of the FML, opening your hearts, and your minds.
I have come home and gotten all sorts of help in the mail.  I thank you.
Without you all in my life I would not see the good in people.

If anyone has a spare cage they could manage to rid themselves of I could
use it.  Nothing too large just big enough for an orphan ferret or two.
I thank you and God Bless you.

Dooks & Crooks Ferret Shelter
Candi Gerritson
2812 Arbor Street