From:
Gwen Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:29:35 -0700
It seems our spandexed wonder weasel has himself in a bit of a pickle,
wouldn't you agree?

Super Tonks had been noticed in public recently with an auburn-haired
girl named Isabella Gucci.  And, Miss Isabella, who recently received an
invitation to the biggest social event of the season, has her heart set
on inviting her hero to accompany her to the gala.  She wastes no time in
dialing Super Tonks' mother, hoping his mother will put her son on the
line.  She has already decided that, after a little sweet-talking, she'll
receive that solid commitment she's been hoping for.  But Super Tonks,
hearing his Mother on the telephone with Miss Isabella, doesn't want to
be bothered tonight.  So, in what looks like a brief game of charades, he
waves his paws in front of his Mother and jumps up and down while wildly
spinning and shaking his head until his Mother catches on and tells Miss
Isabella that Super Tonks is simply unavailable at the moment.  Before
the conversation ends, however, Super Tonks' mother promises Isabella
she'll receive a personal call from him later.  "Whew", Super Tonks
sighed.  "That was close!" His mother, not understanding his feelings
asks, "Tell me, why didn't you want to speak with Isabella this evening?
She's a very lovely girl and the two of you would make such a handsome
couple!"

But Super Tonks didn't feel like explaining anything to his Mother this
evening, so he simply shrugged his shoulders and sighed again.  However,
he believes Isabella has an invitation to the dance and is hoping to
invite him as her date.  And this makes the situation all the more
awkward since he just received an invitation to the same event from
Giselle.  Tonks is tired and will ponder the matter no more this evening.
He has decided to put the matter on the back burner until he can figure
out what he's going to do.

Our mighty mustelidae walks back to his Lazy Boy and reclines his
favorite chair all the way back.  He's tired and doesn't want to make the
effort to walk back down the hallway to his bedroom.  So, he adjusts his
pillow, closes his eyes and listens to the crackling of the fire in the
fireplace.  He begins thinking more about Miss Isabella who just so
happens to be of blue-blood descent, or so she says anyway.  How, you
ask?  Well, it is rumored one of her ancestors was a court jester and
that she comes from a family of fools.  Yes, you read it correctly.
Please read on...

Three hundred years ago during the reign of King Charles II, one of
Isabella's ancient relatives made a life-saving decision.  In order to
avoid a famine that was sweeping England at the time, a young male weasel
swam across a gator-infested moat, broke through the fortified castle and
tip-toed into the King's bed chamber where he found a cozy spot to keep
warm for the night.  Upon awakening the next morning, the King tripped on
a lump in the rug and, when he bent down to inspect the area more fully,
voila!  Out popped a weasel.  The king, being exceedingly fond of all
creatures, was amused by this little animal's cleverness and picked him
up and set him downstairs in the kitchen for a nice meal of hot chicken.
He then picked him up, gave him a big kiss on the back of his neck and
said "You're so funny looking, I think I'll put you in charge of
entertainment.  You'll be my new court jester, little fellow, and I'm
going to name you Rupert!" So, little Rupert spent the rest of his days
dressing in colorful attire and amusing the King with his many stories
and jokes.  The rest of this story can be found in history books.  And
if one cares to more fully investigate the lineage, they'll find that
indeed, Miss Isabella's roots can be traced all the way back to this
silly little weasel who won the heart of England's greatest King.
Moreover, Rupert was not only Isabella's great, great, great Grandfather,
but also the only pet weasel ever to be mentioned in English monarch
history.  But then, I digress and apologize...

Super Tonks is now fast asleep, licking his tiny pink lips as if tasting
a kiss from someone special.  We'll let him sleep tonight...

Tune in tomorrow for another exciting chapter in the life of Super Tonks!