From:
Edward Lipinski Ferrets NorthWest FNW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 17:18:41 -0700
Dear (NAME DELETED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES),

Detailed health information and the treatment of ferrets suffering from
various diseases I am unfortunalely prohibited from expressing in print
or by personal communication, since I am not a licensed, practicing
veterinarian.

Believe it when I tell you that I have been warned by the Washington State
Department of Licensing, specifically an inspector with police powers from
this "fatherly" organization, that If I continued SELLING here at Ferrets
NorthWest FNW the K9 distemper vaccinations for the cost of the vaccine
and the sterile needle, that I could be charged with unlicensed veterinary
medical practice, be arrested, and if convicted, would be fined and
possibly imprisoned for practicing vet medicine without a license.

I was asked to sign a statement to the effect that I have violated the
spirit of the law and that hereafter I would cease and desist practicing
vet medicine without a vet license.

This episode of investigation and harassment by the State of Washington
was initiated upon a the written complaint of a local Seattle veterinarian
(name unknown to me) who accused me of practicing veterinary medicine
without a vet license.  He enriched has allegation with the accusation
that I was also performing spayings and neuterings too.  Right!

Partly indeed true.  I could offer a quality K9 distemper innoculation for
1/3 the price that the cheapest local vet was charging, and he (?) didn't
want that kind of competition.  To this day, I don't know who this vet
person is, but if one were to follow the money trail one might logically
follow it to the door of perhaps the one of several vets who have the
highest schedule of costs for their services in this area.  I just don't
know who that'd be, do you?

The diagnosis and treatment of ferret maladies via this medium by me is
essentially illegal, albeit grossly stupid even if I possessed the
knowledge and werewithall to interpret symptoms and correctly proscribe
treatment thereof.  And you may be sure, that no vet would do the same
either.

The only help I can offer you (Name deleted, but you know who you are) is
the suggestion that you pose your question (s) for answering to your local
vet.  Good Luck.

Edward Lipinski @ Ferrets NorthWest FNW
No, Milosovich doesn't rhyme with son-of-a-gun.