From:
Ingrid Khrysoula Lower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 22:55:15 -0800
Hello,
we picked a cute little flame point female cat from our local shelter a
couple of weeks ago.  At first she was petrified of our other cat and the
ferrets..... well she did not know what to make of them.  They ferrets
wanted to play with her and she just hissed and hissed.  I was worried she
would never adjust to them and I might have to give her up.  But I hoped
since she is under a year, she would get used to them.

Today, I caught the new little cat playing with ferrets!  I am thrilled.
She chased them around the sofa and tried to grab them as they ran through
their tubes.

Then later when it was all too quiet and you know what that means.  The
fuzzbutts are into trouble.  But I found the little cat in the TOP hammock
of the ferret cage asleep WITH all four ferrets.  She was purring and
licking the ferrets.  I thought for sure the hammock was going to break and
fall.  This is a four story cage and she climbed up through the holes just
like the ferrets do.

I know other people have posted they have a cat that thinks its a ferret
but this is the first time I have ever seen this myself and it was just
adorable.  And I am thrilled she has accepted them so quickly.  Now I just
have to teach her to be nice to our two cockatiels!  :o)

Take care, Ingrid