From:
christine newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:55:57 -0700
Greetings to everyone with ferret undercoat hairs on their CLEAN laundry:

I think ferret body language is so cool; well, it's cool how everything
alive pretty much has body language of sorts, but ferrets are awesome.
Some background for this story includes me having a manic episode last
week, then sinking into depression for the past several days.  My husband
calls it the attack of the bodysnatchers.  Basically, I unzip my
Christine suit and turn into some sort of slavering hosebeast.  I wish it
could be the attack of the bootysnatchers -- I have some booty to spare.
Anyway, I was feeding and watering this morning at "a$$-thirty" and I
looked at Dustbin who was playing with his favorite toy, a plastic soda
bottle cap.  I said, "Dustbin, I'm so depressed I want to throw myself
out the window and impale myself on the neighbor's cactus collection."

His reply was: look up, blink, wardance, dookdook, flat ferret.  Now I'm
pretty sure most ferret owners would know what he meant: "What's that?
You should be happy because life is so freaking awesome!  But I'm sorry
you feel bad." This got him cuddles and ferretone, and then it got Mab
the same thing because she saw me giving it to Dustbin and everyone has
to have the same or they will revolt.  I am just so totally bowled over
by how utterly superlatively fabulous ferrets are.  And yes, animals DO
undertand English, but that's a whole different post.

So this post was just a long way of saying "Isn't that cool?"  I seem
to be a rather long-winded person lately.  But I thought I would share
something that makes my life much better, especially when I'm not
liking it.

On a totally unrelated note, who wants to point me to the instructions
for how to search the list?  My vet's coming over to vaccinate next week
(he is so cool)and I want to dazzle him with my knowledge (and make sure
he uses the proper vaccines and that I am ready for any adverse
reactions, etc.)  I forgot how/where to do search the list -- mind like
a steel sieve.  Of course, if anyone has had great success with a "no
fail" vaccine procedure, feel free to drop a line -- I am always in the
market for info and free advice!

thanks so much guys,
christine
Dustbin and Mab -- the Mental Health Communications Department,
Mayhem Division

=====

christine newkirk
My Ebay items
ICQ# 3937465
Please visit my website: http://www.midnightferret.com

[Moderator's note: The searchable list archives are at:
<http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html>     BIG]