From:
reagan rodney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:11:36 -0400
Some of you may remember that, within the past year, our two oldest,
Temper and Sierra, went through adrenal surgery.  Sierra went through
last October, and grew her hair back so quickly that the vet was amazed.
Temper went through in January, started getting little tufts of hair
back, grew a hairy line back down her belly, and then quit.  Is this
normal?  She is 7 years old (and was a good candidate for surgery).  Of
course, I am taking her to the vet this week, but I wanted some advise
from others who have had this experience.  She had her left adrenal
removed, is it possible that the right is acting up, or is it harder for
older ferrets to grow their hair back?  If it's adrenal, I'm definately
going to look at Lupron rather than to put her through another surgery
at her age.  Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts!  Any help is
appreciated.

Reagan and Ashley
Temper, Sierra, Storm, Yukai, Kazoo, Hilda, Homie, Yogi, Zara
Missing Xavier