From:
Dale & Dianna Marchand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:41:34 -0700
Our poor Mr. Wilson passed on yesterday.  We discovered a large mass
that was pushing all of his organs out of the way, which had been causing
him a considerable amount of pain, a fact he tried to disguise from us
by acting as normally as possible when we were looking.  Oh, how we
regret not looking past our own selfish need, the need for his company,
sooner..a trooper up to the end, he polished off his chicken baby food
with gusto just that morning, before sleeping before our trip to the vet.
Only when we got there did he really start showing the pain that he'd
been in for too long, almost like he felt like it was okay to let mommy
and daddy know, finally..

Would the Bridge Greeter please pass along this note to Wilson?

Wilson,

I know we just said goodbye, but your humans miss you terribly already.
We're sorry you hurt for so long and we didn't see it..we're so glad you
found your way into our home, and hope that you were happy the years you
spent with us.  We wish you would've joined us as a kit, so we could've
known you longer, but appreciate you lending us your elderly years.
We'll miss seeing you curl up sleeping, climbing onto the bed to watch
some TV, and making your great escapes throughout the house.  Now, go
find your brothers and sisters: Storm, Pooh, Moon, and Tank.  Be at
peace, dear friend, for while we shall miss you, we will never ever
forget you.

Your loving humans,
Dale and Dianna