Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:38:43 -0600
The time was middle of May, 1998.  It was the middle of the Kodo incident,
when Frostie almost overnight ran a very high fever and dehydration.  It
put her in the local vet's hospital for 3 days.  When she returned, she
didn't remember her 3 cage mates.

Frostie is deaf.  She loves to play and wants to play with the others but
is scared and it only lasts a few minutes.  She will scream if any other
ferret comes near.

Frostie's one cagemate Niles has been in a cage next to her for the last
week or so.

This afternoon, an inspiration told me to try to put them together.  I
put them in a large cage (not their own).  I sat back and waited for the
inevitable in my human mind.  and waited and waited It didn't happen.
There were no screams, no fights, just a simple acceptance of each other.

Tonight, as I looked in on them for the first time in a very long 18 months
Frostie is curled up hiding from the world.  She is wrapped around Niles.
A miracle, small though it is, has happened.

Addendum: the other two cage mates are insulinomic and under constant care
and cannot be with them.  So this is so wonderful.