Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 08:36:41 EDT
Just my two cents. Several years ago when my ferts still had full run
of my house a mouse snuck in and hid under a shelf unit I have by the
door. I have two cats and neither of them were interested. My little
Rascal on the other hand was a different story. Keep in mind none of
my ferrets EVER saw a mouse or any small creature at all. She zoomed
straight over to the shelves, sniffed a bit and waited as only a ferret
can wait. I had no idea the mouse was there so I stood quietly and just
watched. Eventually the mouse got too close to the edge and in a flash
(almost to quick to observe) Rascal had the mouse. It didn't even
squeak. As Kim said she crunched the neck and shook it so hard I though
her head would fly off. It was dead in that second. She then very
methodically crunched it's body. there was no doubt that it was dead
and not suffering a slow agonizing death such as it would have had it
the cats had gotten it. Has anyone ever watched a cat torture it's prey
to death??? Not pleasant. However, it is the nature of the animal. I
don't like it but it is as God designed them. We also had a ferret
who was hell bent for leather to get the rat that made a home under
out front yard tree. I would not have know it was there if Hot Shot
had not worried the door near off of it's hinges. Has anyone ever seen
a mouse or rat die in one of our "humane" kill traps.

Just my two cents.

Terry and 9 Nimble Maniacs