From:
"C.J. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:22:48 -0700
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to post about a few things.  First off thank you to
everyone who bought tickets for Pablo's raffle, Ed and Sandy have put
so much work into this I want to thank them also.  I also want to let
everyone know that I'm sorry if I'm late replying to e mails, but I have
gone through a personal loss recently.  On August 15th, my 13 year old
nephew, Michael was killed in Chippewa Falls, Wi.  He was hit by a train
and thrown over the bridge railing in to the lake.  He died later that
day in a St Paul hospital.  This has been very hard on myself and my
family.  My mom, my son and myself flew to Wi last week for the services
and to support my sister.  Other family members from around the US were
there also.

Not only was his a personal loss, but it was very hard for me to leave
the shelter as well.  Since I started the shelter in 1997, the longest
I have been away from the ferrets was 23 hours, where I flew to Cali to
attend and speak at the ferret round up.  I have never been away from
my kids, my Meadow Soprano.

I don't think I could have survived the stress of everything as well as
I did with out the support of my friends.  They took over the shelter in
my absence and did a great job.  Miss Meadow stayed with my vet Dr. K as
she is the only other person that can care for Meadows daily squeezings.
i am very proud of my volunteers, they gave me the ability to deal with
my family with ouT worring, (too much) about the shelter.  Heck, maybe I
shoud go away more often, not!

So now it's time to regroup and focus and things here at the shelter.
I'm still recouping from the AC nighmare financially and now have more of
a load to bear right now.  We have our open house comming up in November,
a Sept adoptathon at Petsmart, Hopefully Santa pics at Petsmart, and of
course Pablo's raffle.  We have been doing good so far but still haven't
reached our goal yet, so please take a look by going to 24caratferret.com

I also saw something about a raffle that is benefiting Ferrets Unlimited
and 24 Carat Ferret Shelter, hopefully the person will repost the
information.  And also I saw the raffle the day after I arrived home from
Wi, And as sappy as it sounds, it made me cry.  It always reminds me that
you can never underestimate the kindness of strangers.

Well, I have so much more I could post about but typing is not a strong
point for me, so I'll go back to work now.

Take care all,
CJ
E MAIL ADDY, [log in to unmask]
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter