From:
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:04:20 -0500
I have one ferret and one dwarf rabbit.  I recently brought my rabbit in
from outside, as it has gotten too cold for her to be out.  She has a
large outdoor pen and hates being caged.  She has a cage down cellar.
I have been letting her stay in Nexus' room during the day while he is
out with me.  When Nexus goes to bed in his room at night, I put the
rabbit in the cage down cellar.  This has been working out fine.  I just
exchange litter boxes and food dishes.  The rabbit has the pine chips
and Nexus has yesterday news.  I haven't seen any adverse effects.  The
rabbit enjoys being free to roam and isn't upset in the ferret's room,
and the ferret doesn't go sniffing crazy when I return him to the room.
Each knows the other exists but no association is allowed (other than
sniffing each other through the outdoor pen), as I know Nexus would hurt
the rabbit.  There are no wires in the room for the rabbit to chew, and
I don't have to worry about her.  She enjoys going through Nexus' drain
pipe tunnel.  I think he is just glad that he isn't in the room during
the day, because he is a real mama's boy and has to go everywhere with
me.  This way the rabbit gets more attention not being outside or down
cellar.  It's a win-win situation for both pets.  I just wonder what the
rabbit thinks about all the ferret food stashed in the corners of the
room by the champion food stasher.  I swear he is part squirrel.

--
Moxie and Nexus the moose, missing Chance