From:
Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 19:58:19 -0400
Someone mentioned yesterday that their ferret got a bump (I don't quite
remember what the name for it was -- seems like it was long and hard to
spell :-) from their vaccines.  My dog had the exact same thing happen.  I
think it was from the vet giving her her rabies vaccine subcutaneously as
opposed to intramuscularly.  At least I think that's the order--forgive me
if I switched the two.  Anyway, the bump went away after a few weeks.  My
question is if ferrets get those bumps, can the vaccines be given
intramuscularlly (sp)?  Or is it just something you live with?

Laura Ellis