From:
MrsQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:25:49 -0800
Hey to everyone!

Its been a while since I posted on Dena's condition so I thought I'd drop a
quick line and let everyone know how she is doing.  For those of you that
don't remember I initially wrote because of some concerns I had about her
loss of hair on her tail and some drooling spells she was having.

I have to take a minute and say how great everyone on this list is.  There
is no way I can even begin to count the numerous emails I have gotten with
advice or just plain encouragement.  I count myself lucky to be a part of
this list.

Dena has been on prednisone therapy for a while, she was diagnosed with
insulinoma.  I'm happy to report that she has regrown all the hair on her
tail and seems to be doing quite well.  Until recently we were having a
problem keeping her hydrated but even that seems to have resolved itself.
We even caught our little ferret, oops...cat...she's a cat...don't tell her
any different, anyway, we have caught her doing an abbreviated war dance
from time to time.  We pretend not to notice since she seems to get quite
upset if we say anything about it.  (Who says these guys don't have
attitude problems?)

We are continuing to save up for her surgery, its a slow process but it
will be worth it.  Dr Ron is planning on checking her adrenal glands when
he does the surgery so we will have an answer to that question then.

Again, our thanks to everyone for their support in our time of need.  Many
of you donated anonymously so I will never get the chance to thank you
personally.

Hugs and dooks to everyone.

Carrie & her crew of 7