From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:51:34 EDT
Hello to All,

I have taken in a 1 1/2 half y.o. ferret with Catarats.  I am interested
in finding out as much info I can to assist her.  I have had her for 48
hours and I saw her eat ferret food for the first time yesterday.  Before
I could only get her to eat pounce cat treats in which I have never bought
for my ferrets before.

She was an only child.  She is getting use to the others.  That is a
transition.  Her handicap makes her a little leary.  At the moment though
she is the only one interested in the little fish tank on my husbands desk.
She was raised with 3 cats that were aggressive with her.  She is very
timid.  But, as I say this I see everything heading for the edge of the
desk.  She is curious as a ferret.  She is getting use to ferret things
and toys.  She is figuring out the tunnels.  She goes through them really
slow.

My concerns are with her attitude being very passive.  I am concern about
depression.  She is eating,drinking, and is curious.  I see positive
changes everyday.  She uses the litter box with no problems.  She can only
see out of one eye.

I am concern about her mental attitude.  Or I could be worrying too much.
I will do that.  My happy day will be when I see her dook the war dance.
I am not sure she knows how.  Should I let time tell or try to stimulate
her to play.  I realize she could be getting use to these surroundings.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  The others I have brought in
adapt within 24 hours.  I tend to give her different type of attention.  I
do not want to take her independance of being a ferret.  I try not to hold
her so much.  Each of furkids get play with, held, and talked to every day
sometimes more than then what a normal person probably does.  They are my
everyday laughs.

Dooks,
NeeJa and the MOD's (Masters of Disaster)