From:
Michelle D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:39:14 -0700
When I first heard that the USDA ACT passed to some degree, I was glad
it was some headway, but I also wondered whether it applied to those
breeders shipping Internationally.

I can't remember if they passed the 8 week minimum or not, but I seem
to have the strong impression that they did.

Anyway, while shopping for something else I came across the Ferret
World site in Japan that listed Path Valley ferrets with Birthdays of
2007.06.29

"Arrival as Goods" at 2007.08.10

[Japanese text...] 2007.06.29

[Japanese text...] 2007.08.10

http://ferret-world.jp/blog/lalaport/index.php

If the 8-week minimum age BEFORE SHIPPING has passed into law, sadly,
it seems the USDA Act does not apply an age limit when ferrets are
shipped overseas.

So either the law does not apply to international shipping OR the law
is still "in process" has just has not gone in effect yet. Does anyone
know for sure? (Linda Iroff?)

md

~Incidentally, "Canadian Farm" ferrets are worse off. Most have
birthday-arrival dates showing them to be only 4 and 5 weeks old. :( :(

Ferret Research:  http://ferretknots.blogspot.com/
Ferret Resources: http://nippynihon.blogspot.com/
For my resume & samples of my Japanese Translations visit:
http://ayarei.translatorscafe.com/ OR http://www.proz.com/profile/135994