From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 07:57:31 -0600
Margaret said something yesterday about her long distance phone bill that I
just had to respond to.  I have an internet friend, Ernie, whom I met as a
beta tester for Microsoft.  We've been *talking* for sometime now.  I turned
him on to Geocities and now we are neighbors in Heartland.  He is not a
ferret owner, but he has a link on his page to my page that simply says
Ferrets!.  (I have a link on mine to his that says *My Buddy*.)  Well, Ernie
popped onto my screen one night to have a conversation.  We turned the
private message to a Netmeeting call.  Then turned on the audio and had a
real conversation.  It was wonderful to finally get to speak to him.  We've
only done that once, but it makes our emails more personal because we know
our tones of voice.  It would be fun to try that with other ferret
enthusiasts.  No long distance bill.

Ferret kisses,
Toni
Dinky(It's my birthday!)