From:
Dan and Deena DuFour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:58:46 -0600
I don't know what to say, except OH MY GOD!!!  I have been so upset over
this!  I am appalled at the treatment that these little critters are
receiving!  (Does anyone else want to fly to Las Vegas and swoop up all
of the ferrets???  Yeah, okay, all of the other animals too!)

Ok, the only suggestion that I have, would be to contact PETA.  They may be
a little "militant" at times, but when all else fails, they get SOMETHING
done.  This really should be as a last resort!  Follow the proper channels
first, if the police, state, or pet store management won't get involved,
it's worth a shot.  I worked in a pet store for many years, and nothing
gets to Pet Store Management like the threat of PETA getting involved.
Just a thought.  It might get something done.  At the very least, Meadows
will get a tremendous amount of very bad press.... I don't recommend
contacting PETA unless you are familiar with their work... Some people
disagree strongly with the way they go about things, and then there are
others who are deeply involved with the organization, and couldn't be
nicer.  I personally stand in the middle.  I think that sometimes,
EVERYONE carries things a bit too far, PETA included.

ALSO****  I have a question....  HOW do you keep a ferret out of a
Christmas tree????? (It's artificial)  This is my first year as a ferret
mom, and I just don't think that Christmas would be the same with a big
cardboard cutout of a tree! :)  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
And Good Luck with Meadows!

Deena
and her Three "Munchateers"