From:
cynthia jennerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:47:35 -0700
Hello Everyone,

Two things, firstly, It has been HOT here like you wouldn't believe.  I
live in Superior, WI and basically anything above 80 degrees is HOT.
However, it's been hot for five days with no sign of a cold front in sight.
I don't have ac and am concerned about the ferrets.  I have all my fans in
their room and make sure they have fresh, cool water.  Is there anything
else I could/should do to help them be comfortable.  I've considered giving
them cool baths, but they hate water.  They seem to be ok for now, a little
lethargic, but ok.  They like icee pops, so as a treat we let them lick
ours, which also seems to help.  If anyone has any other ideas, please
let me know.

Also, we just got a 6th ferret.  My aunt had two and when her sons got
married this month, neither of their wives wanted the ferrets.  I couldn't
take both of them, but when I visited her this weekend she told me that she
had to put Black Foot down because of cancer.  (Sandee, help Black Foot
find a friend :)  And White Foot has been all alone since his brother died.
He'd never been an only ferret before and I couldn't leave him, so he came
home with me.

I'm guessing that he was pretty scared.  When I tried to give him a bath he
bit me hard enough to draw blood twice.  None of the others have ever bit
us that hard.  Later he bit me three more times, each time breaking the
skin so I bled.  (Fortunately he just got his booster shots on the 2nd.)
I'm concerned that he's two years old and might not be able to be trained.
He is not the first ferret that we've gotten from a previous owner.  Our
first adoptee was also a biter but calmed down as she got older and she
didn't bite as hard as this guy does.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  My email address is:

Thanks to all,
Cynthia & Todd, Tifa, Padme, Selphie, Jewel, Waffle, and White Foot