From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 18:41:40 -0400
Dr. Williams,

Maybe you could clear up a question that is certainly bothering me and
apparently a lot of people on the FML.  Just what are the symptoms of ECE?

I was under the impression that one characteristic was a very watery,
new-grass-green (almost florescent (but I can't spell that <G> green) stool.
The brown or dark green stool, grainy or gel like was the more "regular"
digestive diarhea due either to stress, change of food and/or water, more
normal intestinal bug, eating something that they shouldn't, etc.

I'm getting the feeling that a lot of people are associating any "green"
stool with ECE.  Even some vets in the area who have heard of ECE are blaming
any diarhea on ECE.

Your help, again, would be very appreciated.

Dick Bossart