From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:29:28 -0500
Hi fellow ferret lovers

Due to a hard drive committing suicide and procrastination about backups, I
am late in announcing the October get together of the Central Illinois
Ferret Connection.  It will be held at 2:00 PM Sunday October 25th at 1504
N. 4th in Pekin, IL.  Easy to follow directions can be gotten by calling
309-347-2235 and leaving a message with your number and the best time to
call or by e-mailing [log in to unmask]  This is especially for the person
in Galesburg whose address I've lost and for "Esmerelda" in Champaign who I
haven't heard from in a while.

Baby Girl is doing wonderfully!  She is the kissingest ferret ever!  Next
year, I may take her to the Chicago show where I'm sure she will win the
hearts of all.  And she actually spent 10 minutes with Bill before starting
to attack him today.  Leroy and Hillary are still only 30 second friends.
Between her bottlebrush poufs and Leroy's I can't let them together too
often.  Can't afford all new furniture, etc..  Naturally it would be Bill
who she would warm up to.  Hillary and she are instant war.  Wonder why?

Leroy is learning to not bite to get attention.  Well, most of the time.
Poor Hillary is under constant attack from him.  Actually I think she likes
it.  Strange pair that Bill and Hillary.

Enjoyed the Chicago show.  (Zen -I'm the guy who thanked you for your posts
late in the afternoon).  We were late getting there because of work, but
were able to say hi to some old friends and meet some new ones.  There were
some sure enough beautiful ferrets there.  But Dee still thinks bald old
Slinky is the best ferret in the world.  She said she wouldn't want him to
take all the awards so she didn't enter him.  (I'm joking people) (Dee, if
you're reading this, I'm not really joking) I especially loved meeting
"Broadway" from F.U.R.R.Y.  Remarkable creatures these fuzzbutts.  And I
enjoyed my conversation with Clarence & Shirley Hertzog.  Their laid back
hob demonstrated the "dry bath" which I think was great.  All in all a very
enjoyable day and well worth 5 hours travel to only be there 1+ hours.

If you go to Charlie's Aquarium in Pekin, IL to get Totally Ferret or other
ferret stuff - mention Ferret Connection for a 10% discount on most ferret
items

Thanks BIG for this forum.  Sorry this got so long.

John Gordon with Bill, Hillary, Leroy and Baby Girl in Pekin, IL.