From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:16:21 -0500
>The best flea killer we have found for ferrets is ADVANTAGE for cats,
>You only use two drops on each ferret.  It has been found to be safe and

You can use one drop - depending on the size, about 0.2 ml per ferret.

>Just another quick note about Advantage Flea Control.  It is prescribed
>based on your pets weight, and has both cat, and dog formulas, which I
>would assume are supposed to be different.  You cannot use the same formula

Actually, I asked our shelter vets and you can use them both - the formulas
are the same, the only difference is the size of the tube and the price.
We have two large dogs (70 lbs & 100 lbs) so of course, get the large dog
size tubes.  We use one tiny drop for each ferret and the rest of the tube
on the dog.  We have NO flea problems.

>Thank you TONY for your information on the life cycle of the flea.  I was

Yes, thank you so much Tony.  I know this information is a big help to many
people.

Mary and the gang of 19....

Mary McCarty-Houser
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association