From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2010 20:31:45 -0500
Not sure why, but my two posts from a couple of days ago didn't make
it onto the FML. Anyway, here's basically what I said..
[Moderator's note: They appeared in FML 6899 on December 2nd. BIG]

FACT took 7 of the oldest ferrets out of the 16 ferret survivors. 6
went to other area animal shelters. Montville held 3 to adopt out
locally. Their shelter is a bit drafty, but the ferrets are in a warm
and cozy spot and the ACO expects to be able to place them quickly
based on the calls she's been receiving. She did a super job with all
the animals! She even had a big, clean aquarium up and running for the
7 fish that were found on the property.

One ferret we took is headed to the vet this week for what feels like a
large belly mass. The others are suffering from various degrees of hair
loss and poor muscle tone. The apt has been condemned and the hoarder
is being prosecuted. Thankfully, the prosecutor assigned to the case
okay'd releasing the animals to shelters/adopters 2 weeks after they
were seized (on 11/17). In cases like this, all too often the animals
are held in limbo as "evidence" or require a judges' order to be
released.

Thanks to those who offered to help! Right now we are in serious need
of some additional permanent foster families. If anyone is interested,
please contact me directly for information.

Ann Gruden
Ferret Assn of CT