Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:34:43 -0400
Dear FML :
This may be one of the hardest post I've ever had to make.

When the Ferret Giving Tree first started, Mary and I were running a
shelter named "Mkaresq". We always had anywhere from 30 to 70 ferrets
in our home.

Kristine Lunny started the Ferret Giving Tree - and that was the best
thing I ever saw. Mary and I put our sheltered ferrets up and they all
received Secret Santa's.

Mary and I were so overwhelmed !!!! People sent our babies all these
wonderful things, Just to make our lives easier.

That lasted for about two to three years, Then Kristine came down with
family problems and could no longer do the Giving Tree.

When I found this out - I e-mailed her and asked if I could take over
and use some of the thing's off her tree. She gave me permission and
said take what ever you need and thank you.

That was about 11 to 12 years ago, and I've been doing it since. I have
put my heart and soul into the giving tree for many years and I know
time & program's are changing. In the beginning everything was good -
but as years have past - I have head the frustration in your voices and
that's ok.

Last year was tough and I ran behind. Started late and it lasted way
too long. MY fault and I apologize for that. I had great helper's that
backed me 100%, making sure the tree was finalized. I thank each and
every one for the help you gave, also the input you gave me. Every year
the Trees where completed.

I learned (as of 9-6-09) that the giving tree was up and running and
ferrets were up, with a program that was great. My wife was asked If
I started up the Giving Tree. I said no why? Then I was told that it
was. Then someone sent me the link.

My first reaction was disbelief & shock!! This was not me. I had NO
Idea about this Site I was hurt, and in shock that some one would do
this with- out contacting me. They had since the end of last years
tree to contact me

I will admit that the new program works very well, I'm just hurt the
way it was done. 11 years I thought someone would talk to me before
hand and not just take the tree away from me, and letting me help.

So, that being said - I will not be doing the Giving Tree this year.
There is no sense- its already running and would be to confusing, and
IT"s ALL ABOUT THE FERRETS AND SHELTERS.

That is why I did what I did - Not for Fame But For The Ones That Can
Not Speak For Themselves

Thank you for the years you have given me - and All the backing from
the best Ferret People I,ve ever known for being the Secret Santa's
through the years.

Shelters - YOU deserve all the praise for what you do through out the
years - God Bless What You Do

Thank you for your support

P.S. May your Sheltered ferrets get what they wish for

Kris S Mewton