From:
CHUCK PULLIAM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:52:04 -0700
My name is Jacquie Rodgers and I live in the desert - Yuma, Arizona.  I have
only been on the FML for a few months, but have owned fuzzies for 3 years.
My first, Loki, (sable male) came from a pet shop in Phoenix and was
purchased "on a whim" when I was having a rough time in life.  My days
quickly became centered around him - I got better and he got spoiled.  I
took him everywhere with me and read everything I could get my hands on
about ferrets.  My fascination with him has never ceased and, after having
him 2 years, I got him a playmate, Morgan (chocolate male), also purchased
on a "whim", from our local pet store.  Both were about 5-6 weeks old when
they came into my life.  Both have one blue dot in their ear (where from???
MF??) Anyway, they are the light of my life, as I only had one son and he is
grown and lives across country now.

Around here I am the "ferret lady", probably because I always have one or
both with me.  I am disabled due to a neck injury, so I am home with them
all day.  They have so many toys we can't walk thru the livingroom!  Loki is
a "momma's boy" and needs hugs and kisses constantly.  Morgan, on the other
hand, "tolerates" his hugs and kisses while turning his head away and
squirming to get down!!  ("I just hate all that mushy stuff, mommy!!")
Although they are both rather small, they are the most precious little
bundles of love anyone could ask for.  They play together, but sleep
separately most of the time.

Loki gave us a scare this summer while on vacation.  We travelled north to
cooler weather.  After being gone a few weeks, he began to get listless,
refused to play and gained a lot of weight quickly.  Suspecting possibly a
tumor, we hooked up the trailer and moved it to a big city to seek competent
vet care for him (we had been staying in a small town), which included a
sonogram to try to figure out what was going on.  It showed nothing.  By
this time I was a wreck worrying about him, so we headed home.  When we
walked in the front door of our house, Loki suddenly jerked out of my arms
and "wardanced" throughout the house!!  He giggled and rolled around from
one end of the house to the other!!  He hasn't been listless since!  Geez,
if he was homesick, I wish he would have just said so!!  It would have been
so much cheaper, both financially and emotionally!!

Although we live on the California border, I refuse to travel there even for
medical care, entertainment, or to do any business.....if my babies aren't
welcome, then they won't get a penny of my money either!!

Jacquie Rodgers
Loki & Morgan