Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 03:03:58 -0400
I've had to really baby some sick or finicky ferrets. Try making a soup
mixture and holding the ferret in one hand, while holding the bowl in
front of the ferret in the other hand, moving the bowl in front of the
ferret whenever it moves. I had one older ferret before that would only
eat soup from a rubbery baby spoon. I've got one ferret that will eat
very well if she gets to sit in my lap with the bowl also sitting on
the lap, otherwise she's very finicky about eating. Another ferret will
only eat soup made from Wysong kibble, heated to lukewarm and with a
little Ferretone added. If it's too warm or too cool or there is too
little or too much Ferretone, she won't touch it. You can also try
adding heavy whipping cream to the mixture. Many ferrets are attracted
to the sweetness of it.

Debbie