From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:54:13 -0700
Last weekend, I attended a party and got there quite late (everyone had
already been indulging in a few).  I was wearing some leather and talking
to a guy (who obviously had one too many!) He said "obviously you are a
meat eater since you are wearing leather." I told him "yes, but I do love
animals, especially ferrets." He then said, "if you love ferrets so much,
how come you are not wearing feathers on your leather?" I laughed so hard
and told him "I think you mean parrots, which are birds." I then told him
that I am constantly battling FLO and you don't even want to know what his
response was to that (I think he was thinking about female problems).

Anyway, in the end, I did manage to convince him that ferrets do not have
feathers and hopefully I educated him in the long run.  Doubtful he will
even remember the conversation.

Thought this was pretty funny and my friends who were with me, who know my
ferrets, laughed and laughed and laughed.

On my way to order a sample of the new ferret store food (and of course,
several new toys - sigh).  It is like going to Costco, you can never just
stick to the shopping list!

DMC