From:
"Corrie (MsFerret)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 19:33:52 -0700
Hello everyone,
First I'd like to say I am sorry I am a day late on this post.  I have been
ill and working many hours and only read half of yesterday's fml, I never
got to the offensive post.

As you can see by my signature I support Kista Ferret Shelter.  I have
known Kim for several years and have been to visit her shelter.  Last time
was just a few weeks ago.

Yes she is definately a shelter.  When I was there a few weeks ago someone
brought in a surrender ferret.As soon as the previous ferret owners left
Kim took the ferret from his cage and gave him a good look over.  She began
cutting his nails, cleaning his ears,etc.  She then noticed that the cage
he came him had a rusted floor that had a small hole in it.  Being
concerned for his safety she immediately moved him into a nice cage (still
by himself),gave him a hammock and a toy.

All of the cages in her shelter (I didn't count but there are alot) were
neat and clean.  Each cage was equiped with a hammock or two, rug,food
bowl,water,etc.

These ferrets have eveything they need and are well taken care of.  I was
amazed at how clean everything was.

I'd also like to point out that I tried to hand Kim a donation and she
refused it.  She said she couldn't take it knowing two of my ferrets were
going in for adrenal surgery.  She said she would rather the money go
towards my ferrets' surgery.

That doesn't sound like someone who is looking for drug or alcohol money.

As for Kim being a past drug user or one who likes to drink socially.  I
don't even know what to say.  That is such a mean accusation.I am left
speachless.Everyone has their good and bad times in thier life.  That
doesn't mean they can't care for animals.

But what I do know is that Kim is a hardworking a good person.  She runs
a great shelter and if I didn't live 92 miles away I would ask to be part
of her shelter.  And don't think 92 miles is too far away to know a person
because that is how far away my grandfather lives and I definately know
him.

Corrie
The Ferrets: Satchmo,Band-Aid,Flea,Garbonzetta,Zoey,Podo
The Cat: Misty
Visit us at http://www.geocities.com/~loveferrets.indexo.html
Visit my favorite Shelter at http://www.kistaferret.com
Visit and Join Ferret Lovers of New Jersey http://www.lma.com/flnj