From:
Chris and Tara Palaski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:33:16 -0500
Hi

I wanted to give an update on the progress at the PFRA since I posted
about needing to find homes for my shelter residents.  So far one pair
has been adopted ( boots and bandit) which still leaves the rest of the
kids looking for homes.

Ricky and Lucy-( dob 8/01) Ricky is a roan male who had adrenal surgery
approx 4 weeks ago.  Left adrenal was removed without complications and
everything else looked great.  He is beginning to grow back his fur.
Lucy is a chocolate mitt female with no known health issues.  Both
ferrets are playful and sweet.  They are scared of others and would do
best with their own play time/ only ferret household.

Modo- (dob 11/00) Sable male who is blind in one eye.  Sweet and playful.
Gets along well with others.

Runner ( 1/01) Very large pretty chocolate male.  Scheduled for adrenal
surgery for next week.  He has become very aggressive with other ferrets.
Hopefully he will be fine to join a ferret family once he has his surgery
as he has lived with up to 11 other ferrets in the past.  Has some
testing/biting issues with people.  Would need to go to a ferret-savvy
home preferably without children.  Update- he came through his surgery
last week with flying colors and will be ready to go very soon!

Bandit- (9/00) sable male who loves people but is terrified of other
ferrets.  Bandit has been an only ferret all his life and prefers to stay
that way.  He would need his own housing and runtime.  Bandit loves to
follow you around and is as sweet as they come.

Slinky-Champagne roan male- (10/04) stray that was just turned into the
shelter.  He will be available in two weeks when his vet care and holding
time is complete.  update: He is vet checked, vaccinated, and ready to go!

I had many inquires but only one person filled out the adoption
application, etc.  If anyone is still interested please fill out an
adoption application at http://www.ferretrescue.com/adoption/
Please provide three references that I may contact ( one needs to be
you veterinarian).  Adoptive homes need to provide proof of ADV negative
status.  If you have any questions please contact me off-list at

The PFRA is continuing to conduct fundraisers to pay shelter bills ( past
and on-going).:  I will be at the AFA Winter Nationals representing Fancy
Publications as a fundraiser for the PFRA.  All new and renewed
subscriptions are buy year get one year free!  This includes all their
publications like Ferrets, Dog Fancy,Cat Fancy etc.  I will receive a
"commission" on every subscription that will go to support the ferrets.
If you have any questions please just contact me off list!

I have The Ferret Company 2006 calendars still available for sale ( $14
each plus cost of shipping).

I still have a limited quantity of "I adopted my ferret", "Please Spay
and Neuter", and " Rescue" car ribbon magents for $4 each plus shipping.

Tara Palaski
Westmoreland Co PFRA