From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 04:59:48 -0500
>In fact, especially with Foster attached to your face ("weasels make the
>man"), you looked to be an attractive speciman of maleness who also has
>very nice teeth.  Just thought you'd like to know.
> Signe
>
> [Moderator's note: Guess you've never met him in person :-)  BIG]

All I can say is, both remarks absolutely made my day.  After a morning and
afternoon of explaining to my committee exactly *WHY* I shouldn't have to
wear a cardboard sign saying, "I *AM* the dummy," this really cheered me
up.  Bill's remark was absolutely perfect!

Actually, that picture is one of my favorites.....there is NOTHING that
makes a short ugly dude like myself look better than being seen with one
of the Beautiful People.  Foster was the best.  And even though it's been
about a year since he passed away, I still miss him a lot.  Everybody's
first ferret should be a Foster.  He was a very special little rat.

But now for the truth of the picture.  Two words: special effects.  That's
not really my face, but from same stand-in that doubles for Brad Pitt.
And the teeth?  Fakes, carved out of Chicklets.  Cost plenty, too.  I
understand Industrial Light and Magic had to write a new computer program
just to hide the underlying ugliness.

No, I'm afraid I'm just a little gnome of a guy, forever trying to find a
palmtree-and-pineapple-motiff Hawaiian shirt with lots of red and blue in
it. <sigh>  My good-lookin' years are long gone, along with my sanity and
six-pack belly.  Well, now it really *IS* a six-pack belly; I've just lost
the cans....Oh wait....I can hear them sloshing around in there....

But don't cry for Missouri Bob yet.  There is still a lot I can do.  I make
a great doorstop, for example.  And I love standing in the rain.  And my
credit cards can still get me a date in certain parts of Nevada.  And the
campus is *FULL* of sweet young things that pat me on the head and tell me
how much I remind them of their grandfather.  See?  I have a great life.
Really.  Honest.  Why, I've actually *MET* the Skipper.  Well, before he
died.  True, my life would be complete if I met Mary Ann or the Professor,
but you can't have everything.  And if I had to choose between being
handsome or my ferrets?

Give me a minute.....I'm thinking.

Bob C and 18 Mo' Handsome Ferrets with Great Teeth