Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:45:57 -0500
Hi everyone!
I want to start by saying I think Mindy's idea about getting ferrets on tv
is a good one and I'd be willing to help.  I wish I had some ideas about how
to go about contacting a group/ tv show, but I don't (not yet anyway).
however, I hope other people support this as well, and maybe if we put our
heads together we can all come up with something.

Second, I want to introduce some new (non weasel) members of my family: Boo
and Casey, who have just joined us in the last week.  Boo is a four year old
kitty from our local humane society; Casey is a kitten my roommate brought
home (someone he works with needed to give her up) that I sort of adopted.
How is it that my family keeps expanding even though all the pets are spayed
and neutered?  ;) Ferret math has extended to cats now!  Boo, being older
and probably still unsure of us (poor baby was at the humane society for
several months), seems most unhappy with the fuzzies and not altogether
crazy about Casey either.  She hisses and swats at the fuzzies when they're
out (her old owner had her front declawed, which I would never do but am
sort of glad she is declawed for the fuzzies' sake).  She will approach
Casey but hisses if the kitten tries to approach her.  Since the fuzzies are
caged or supervised when they're out, and since Casey is currently confined
to my room due to ear mites (I don't want them spreading), I hope Boo feels
more comfortable having run of the house.  Casey got to sniff Clover, fuzzie
explorer extraordinaire (he's the only one who can climb over the baby gate)
and she hissed and puffed out, but I think she will adjust easier since
she's so young.  The fuzzies, on their part, seem mostly confused by these
strange creatures that make funny noises and try to play whack the weasel.
I also think they are convinced there is a troll under the couch now, since
that is Boo's favorite spot and she growls and swats when they try to go
under there!  Poor kids just want to be friendly, but the cats are having
none of it right now.  Oh well, I think they'll all adjust in time.  If
anyone has any suggestions to help ease the transition (espeically with an
older cat), I'd love to hear them.  Thanks everyone for letting me introduce
my new family!  Sorry this was so long!

Kristi and the Mustelid Mob of Mayhem:
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and Loki
        Boo (the cat) and Casey (the kitten)
(see the crew at:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4093 )

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 194656 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/194656 (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!