From:
Faye Sapp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:47:38 -0400
Debbie.

My ferret came to live with us about 1 yr ago along with my son.  I knew
nothing much about ferrets at the time.  Anyway I was out sunbathing in
the yard and I would let Wally(my ferret) run loose in the yard.  I did
not know how quickly they can get away.  He went through the fence in the
next door yard.  They had two dogs.  They got Wally and he let out a loud
screech.  My son jumped the fence and got him out of one of the dogs mouth.
We took him to emergency vet.  They x-rayed him and he had pulled his
little back leg out of place.  They kept him overnight and sedated him and
taped him until we could get him to a vet.  I found a vet and they tried to
put back, but she told me he would probably pull it out of socket again and
he did.  So she said we would just have to wait and see.  He would drag it
and finally little by little it went back to place and healed on it's own.
He is not allowed to run loose anymore in the yard, but he has the run of
the house.  I never knew I would fall in love with the little guy as I
have.  I hope this might have helped in some way fou you.

Wally and Faye