From:
"Scott B. Maitland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 09:30:00 EDT
We had the x-rays done and no obvious foreign body was found.  The vet
showed us the x-ray series...interesting in itself!  The barium they put
into her flowed thru and revealed no problems (they do timed pictures
and carefully examine the series).

We are now rather certain there is no complete block (there is still
output, with compelte block you wouldn't have any--and she would die).
There is still a chance of something else going on.  Blood chem showed
no signs of cancer but we are treating her for possible inflammation of
digestive track.  Antibiotics and medrol to reduce and swelling..and
we'll see if she picks up.

Thanks for your feedback.  I know how dangerous these things can be and
with Hannah only weighing a pound (she was 1.2 at her heaviest) we don't
have a lot of room to play with.  Let's hope she does ok.

                           Scott