Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:58:39 -0400
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone on the list knows anything about sugar
gliders. I'm wondering if they have any common health problems, how
they behave( i.e. playtime behavior, other behaviors), and other
important things to know about them.

Also,
I have three ferrets: Molly (F, 3yo), Joey Ramone (M, 1 1/2yo), and
Kennedy (F, 1yo). A friend of mine has two 7 year old ferrets and one
is likely going to pass soon (he has had a few strokes, including one
last week and they are waiting for his blood work). They have asked me
if I would be willing to take the other one (who is still perfectly
healthy and playful) because he has had a companion his entire life and
they don't wnat him to get depressed. My question is: Does anyone have
any experience with putting a much older ferret with an established
group of younger ferrets? What kind of reactions have you had? Also,
Cosmo (the older ferret) is much larger than any of my ferrets. Could
that pose a problem?

And then,
Kennedy, my 1 year old female, is a part-time/partial body biter. She
absolutely respects people's faces and she will kiss you bunches.
However when it comes to hands, arms, random exposed pieces of flesh,
toes (no surprise there!), etc., it's fair game for her little teeth.
She bites hard, but not hard enough to pierce the skin and she doesn't
want to let go. She has been this way since I got her and I'm wondering
if this behavior could result from mishandling at the pet store or from
being taken away from the mother too soon, or even something else? She
is a Marshall's baby and I am not going back to this particular store
for anything again because I seem to have bad luck with them. (Kennedy
bites, and Molly's original companion, Murphy, that we got from that
store died when he was about a year and a half - filled up with fluid,
lost nearly 2 pounds when he weighed about three before, developed
large solid mass in belly)

Thanks,
Diana