From:
Ferret Nook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:36:21 -0500
I received an interesting call from my vet today.  We had ordered 60
doses of PureVax from Merial for the shelter and it was supposed to be
in today.  My vet stated that Merial called to let her know that PureVax
will not be available until 2007!!  This is not a good thing for the
ferret community, especially now that Merial is the ONLY manufacturer of
an approved distemper vaccine for ferrets!  This will be the 3rd year in
a row that Merial has stopped production halfway through the year.  This
is not acceptable.  We have too many ferrets here, and I'm sure we are
not alone, that are due for the annual vaccinations and too many that
come through our doors without any vaccine history.

I'm looking for suggestions as to how we, the ferret community, can
approach Merial and get this situation resolved as soon as possible.

Kathy Fritz, Executive Director
Ferret Nook Shelter/Adoption Center
Cambridge, WI 53523
(608) 423-3315