From:
Cathy Humphreys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:49:50 EDT
Hi, my name is Cathy.  I have been owned by ferrets for about 4 years now.
I currently have 9 of the little monsters.  I also help our No Kill shelter
with ferret rescue.  About 6 weeks ago, I had a 1 1/2 year old female
Marshall named Sadie, turned over to me.  I had her for a few days before
she went to the shelter and while she was out playing with a couple of my
ferrets one of them urinated blood.  I'm not talking a little tint in the
puddle, it was bright red blood.  At the time I didn't know who it was and
tried to keep an eye out but couldn't figure out who did it....all 3 were
eating, drinking and playing like nothing was wrong.  Today at the shelter,
it happened again.  This time Sadie was out playing in the reception area
so everyone was watching.  She still seems to be fine.  The shelter
director looked through all the info on ferrets that he has but couldn't
find anything.  I don't know if he talked to the vet but I'm sure he will
asap.  Anyone out there ever hear of this happening?

Cathy
QCA Ferret Association