From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:23:00 -0400
>I have an idea of a possible way to help shelters.  If everyone picks a
>shelter and buys one lottery ticket a month, perhaps they will hit the
>jackpot someday for that shelter.  Of course there is the honesty issue -
>If I win a million will I be able to give it to a shelter?  My guess would
>be no, but you could give a sizable portion....

I thought this was a wonderul idea!!  But I think I might vary it just a
little!  Headed to Vegas this weekend and am hoping that I get to visit at
least one of the shelters out there!  I think right before I leave the
hotel-I will stick a ten in a dollar slot and give to the shelter whatever
falls out!  (Unless of course it hits the jackpot-*sly grin*)  Or maybe
I'll do the quarter slots?  How about roulette?  Any suggestions?  And what
if I lose, you ask?  We'll just have to see how my luck runs that day!!
I'll let ya know!

>...but the rest about a classroom pet: as a teacher, I would NEVER do
>such a thing!  I hope you all feel the same....

Had to put my two cents in here, too!  I think it's a terrible idea!
Take one in-educate the class-but as a classroom pet-I DON"T THINK SO!
(again-just my opinion!!)

And one more while I'm at it!  I think donating money/time/knowledge-or
whatever- is a completely and totally personal choice!  You just have to
do whatever you are comfortable with.  People give in different ways-if
you can't give money-give time, if you can't give time-share knowledge!
It's seems to me that's what this list is all about!

Della and the Tumbleweeds                     AIM <imjudella2>
Judy Cooke                                    ICQ # 12094923
Tyson and Einstein

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure
 of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
 Clarence Darrow