From:
Allen Patenaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:42:28 -0500
I am a dog lover as well as a ferret lover.  Currently we have 7 ferrets
and I left my two childhood dogs with my mom when I left home to move in
with my fiance.  Someday I would like to have a dog again.  My question is-
what kind of dog or dogs do you think would be better suited for life with
ferrets?  I thought maybe some of you out there have experience with this??
Should I choose a small breed?  Would a puppy be easier to introduce and
also will the ferrets do the dreaded initiation ritual with the puppy where
they all take turns dragging it around by the neck?  And if so, is that
O.K.?  Any help would be appreciated!  Also, my fiance and I saw a cute
skunk in the pet store recently and were tempted to buy it.  Can they be
kept with ferrets, we have a seperate enclosure for our ferrets, they don't
have free run of the house?  They are mustelids also aren't they?  Just a
thought.

Thanks!
Kimberly Richards and the "Heavenly Seven": Bear, Boots, Gitta, Paleface,
Yuki, Weasie, and Casper.